What is a Young Carer?
We recognise young carers as children and young people under the age of 18, who provide care to another family member.
Within our support for young carers we consider what tasks they are doing, as well as the impact upon their emotional, physical and social wellbeing. We are aware that the demands of this caring role can sometimes affect a student’s progress.
- Half termly meetings offering opportunities for students to highlight any support required
- Regular trips such as ice skating, bowling, cinema trips
- In school events such as cooking, radio skills and gaming
- A chance to get to know other young carers in similar situations
- Links to further information and support organisations
If you have any questions or want more information please email us:
Alternatively you can phone the main school number: 0161 861 9727