Welcome from the Headteacher
Whalley Range 11-18 High School is a popular and oversubscribed school and continues to be a very high performing girls’ high school. We work together with families, our local community, business partners and local universities to enhance our students’ education.
Mrs E Hole (Academy Headteacher) with students of Whalley Range 11-18 High School
Whalley Range 11-18 High School is a high performing girls’ school with a thriving Sixth Form. We have a clear focus on raising standards and inspiring students to fulfil their potential in a wide range of areas. We value our diverse community and believe we empower our young women to lead happy and successful lives.
We enjoy excellent facilities for learning. Your daughter will be taught by dedicated, highly qualified subject specialists. She will be challenged and supported to achieve her best in all aspects of her academic work and personal development. We are committed to developing her leadership skills so she can stay safe and can face a challenging future with confidence.
We work together with families, our local community, business partners and local universities to enhance your daughter’s education. Alliance Manchester Business School is committed to working with our school and trust to develop leaders of the future.
Our exam results show an improving trend and match or exceed those of girls nationally across a wide range of subjects. Students make exceptional progress from KS2 to KS3. A Level courses and vocational courses from Levels 1-3 are offered in the Sixth Form and are extremely successful.
We are proud of the school and believe we have created a very special environment where girls are happy, enjoy their learning and are able to become confident citizens.
Come and see us at work by contacting the school to make an appointment.
We look forward to meeting you.
Mrs E. Hole (Academy Headteacher)
Trust Vision and Ethos
The Education and Leadership Trust is a co-operative academy trust in Manchester, UK, which came into existence in September 2014. We are dedicated to promoting the emotional, physical and social well-being of our diverse and multi-cultural population and aspire to be a centre of excellence for the education of young people.
Whalley Range is a large 11-18 High School of 1500 girls located in the heart of inner city Manchester. Levenshulme is a school of 1,000 girls. The East Manchester Academy is a mixed school of 970 students in the heart of Manchester’s regeneration area in Beswick. They serve some of the most deprived wards in Manchester and embrace and celebrate their cultural diversity.
The schools receive their intake from over 75 primary schools from within and beyond Manchester. Whalley Range is the only community school in Manchester offering single sex post 16 provision. Over 90% of Sixth Form students are from ethnic minority backgrounds.
We have a Clear Mission
To educate, inspire and empower young people to be the next generation of leaders.
Dr J. MacKinnon PhD (Executive Headteacher)
We will teach resilience so students can achieve outstanding results and thrive in a challenging future.
The co-operative values of cooperation, self-reliance, team work, democracy and ethical approaches to business will inform our trust values. These values and principles will underpin the work of the Trust and we believe will contribute to strengthening the schools’ links with their local communities.
In particular, we are interested in raising standards of achievement through:
- Working collaboratively with others, including education, business, health and sporting partners, to raise standards and opportunities
- Having honest and open relationships with all other partners, helping each other to reach common goals
- Developing a global perspective rooted in the co-operative values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity
- Upholding the ethical values of integrity, honesty, fairness and responsibility
- Adopting a mutual stake-holding model where membership will be open to all involved with the school (children, parents / carers, members of the community, partners and staff)
- Developing further meaningful and sustainable links with the communities served by the Academy Trust
- Promoting learning and enterprise opportunities to develop concepts of social entrepreneurship locally, regionally and globally
- Sharing professional development programmes to build professional and social capital
- Building on positive relationships with parents
- Raising the aspirations of our students and families through sustainable links with higher educational establishments in order to develop routes to economic well-being
The Trust, through its local and wider partnerships, will work to support all schools in involving parents/carers and other stakeholders and assisting in the development of the next generation of adults who will drive our community forward and enable it to thrive. It will strive to more effectively involve all schools with their communities and vice versa.
The Alliance Manchester Business School, Manchester University, is the largest Business School in the UK. We are enjoying working together to raise standards and aspirations
The Manchester United Foundation is working with us on a three year project to raise aspirations and inspire young leaders