All our study programmes are focused on progression to the next level of education, a traineeship or apprenticeship, or other employment.
At Whalley Range Sixth Form College you can study either Advanced Level courses or Level 1, 2 or 3 Vocational courses. Currently, we have students following Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 pathways with the Level 3 pathway further offering the academic or vocational routes. The key to success is ensuring students are carefully recruited onto the correct pathway for them to achieve their full potential.
All students have to study GCSE English and Mathematics or equivalent courses if they have not previously secured a grade 4 or above.
Many of our students successfully go on to well-regarded universities to further study; enter apprenticeships or enter employment.
Whalley Range Sixth Form endeavours to be a bridge between study and higher education, specialist training or employment. We offer a wide range of academic and vocational pathways which are focused on progression to the next level and supported by a personalised and unique learning experience for all of our students.
At Whalley Range Sixth Form we offer quality first teaching where lessons provide challenging and engaging learning experiences that help to grow and shape the young women studying with us.
At Key Stage 5 we offer four different pathways to meet the needs of our students:
- A Level Pathway
- Blended Pathway (A Level and Applied General)
- Applied General
- Vocational Level 1/2
The qualifications that we offer at Key Stage 5 are:
Advanced Level Pathway
- Digital Technologies and Business Faculty: Business Studies, Computer Science
- English and Communications Faculty: English Language, English Literature, Media Studies
- Global Awareness Faculty: Geography, History
- Mathematics and Financial Literacy Faculty: Mathematics
- Science and Discovery Faculty: Biology, Chemistry, Physics
- Social Sciences and Community Learning Faculty: Law, Psychology, Sociology, The Extended Project Qualification
- World Languages Faculty: Urdu, Arabic
Applied General Pathway
- Digital Technologies and Business Faculty: Business, Information Technology
- Science and Discovery Faculty: Applied Science
- Social Sciences and Community Learning Faculty: Applied Criminology, Health and Social Care
You will study a combination of Advanced Level and Applied General Subjects. Please contact the Sixth Form team for further information.
- Social Sciences and Community Learning Faculty: BTEC Extended Certificate in Health and Social Care
- Digital Technologies and Business Faculty: BTEC First Extended Certificate in Business
- Physical Education: BTEC Level 2 Technical Diploma in Sport and Activity Leaders
- GCSE English and / or Maths – All students have to study this if they have not previously secured a Grade 4 at GCSE
Extra curricular activities include but are not limited to:
- Sports Leaders
- Duke of Edinburgh
Learn more about College Life at Whalley Range Sixth Form.
For more information please visit our courses section or contact:
Mr J. Atkinson, Assistant Headteacher and Head of Sixth Form
Mr Lea, Deputy Headteacher