Our students have performed extremely well with an increase in the performance at all levels. This has only been achieved by the hard work and commitment of our students to their studies. We would like to thank all of our staff, our parents and carers for their dedication and the support that they have given to our students to help them achieve such great results.
- Progress 8 score is 0.69
- Attainment 8 score is 52.8 from 49.6 in 2019
- Percentage of pupils who have achieved a strong pass (grade 5 or above) in English and maths at the end of KS4 is 55% from 39% in 2019
- 71.2% of students have achieved the standard pass at 9-4 in the basics from 65% in 2019
- The average point score in the English Baccalaureate is 4.91
- 37.8% achieved the strong pass at 9-5 in the English Baccalaureate from 24% in 2019
- Percentage of pupils entered for the EBACC: 61%
- There were some excellent results in English – 87.6% have achieved the standard pass at 9-4 which has increased from 85% in 2019 and 76.8% achieved the strong pass at 9-5 and 28.1% achieving the top grades at 9-7
- In maths 73.4% have achieved a standard pass at 9-4 from 67% in 2019, 59.2% achieved the strong pass at 9-5 from 41% in 2019 and 22% achieving the top grades at 9-7
- In Science 70.7% achieved 2 GCSEs at 9-4, 53.2% at 9-5 and 22.3% at 9-7
- 127 grade 9s have been achieved across a wide range of subjects
- 57 students have achieved 5+ 9-7 grades which is 21.4% of the cohort and 31 students achieved 8 grades 9-7 which is 11.7% of the cohort
- 96% of our students have stayed in education or have gone onto employment
Sixth Form Results
Congratulations to the class of 2022 for everything that they have achieved on their A Level and BTEC qualification results.
There are a range of outstanding results on the Advanced Level and Advanced BTEC pathways with students going on to a range of courses at university and apprenticeships. We wish you all the best of luck in the next steps of your academic journey.
The overall Level 3 pass rate is 97% with the BTEC Level 3 pass rate being 100% and the average BTEC Level 3 grade being ‘Distinction’.
25% of all students gained at least 1 A*/A grade (or equivalent) across a range of subjects.
We are pleased that there was a strong performance in Psychology A Level, Sociology A Level, Level 3 Business Diploma and Level 3 Health and Social Care Ext Cert where over 20% of students gained A*-A Grades (or equivalent).
Year 13 students have progressed on to a range of pathways post-18 and these are outlined below:
- University – 69.5%
- Employment or Gap Year – 18%
- Apprenticeships – 5.7%
- Degree Apprenticeships – 0.9%
This year saw students progressing on to a range of courses at University, including:
- Medical Sciences
- Childhood Studies
- Primary Teaching
- International Law
- Business and Accountancy
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
This year there was a significant increase in the numbers of students attending Universities outside of the Greater Manchester area, including:
- Liverpool University
- Huddersfield University
- Newcastle University
- University of Cumbria
- Sheffield Hallam University
- Queen Mary University London
Retention of students:
- Advanced Level Courses – 95.9% of students retained for a second year in their main study programme
- Advanced Vocational Courses – 96.6% of students retained for a second year in their main study programme
Given the uneven impact of the pandemic on school and college performance data, the government has said you should not make direct comparisons between the performance data for one school or college and another, or to data from previous years.