What Will I Study?
Throughout the two-year course you will complete six mandatory units and one optional unit.
- Unit 1 Leading sport Safely and Effectively
- Unit 2 Working in Sport and Activity Leadership
- Unit 3 Leading Sports and Physical Activity
- Unit 4 Coaching Sport
- Unit 5 Developing Skills for Sport ad Activity Leadership
- Unit 8 Delivering a Sports Activity Event
- Unit 6 Getting Others Active Outdoors
- Unit 7 Leading Different Groups
How Will I Be Assessed?
This Diploma is the equivalent of two GCSEs.
29% of the BTEC Level 2 Technical Diploma in Sport and Activity Leaders will be externally assessed (Unit 1 and Unit 2).
71% of the BTEC Level 2 Technical Diploma in Sport and Activity Leaders will be internally assessed. Unit 8 is a synoptic project.
What Could I Do Next?
This qualification is for learners who want to start a career in sport and physical activity. It is designed for post-16 learners and can be taken as part of a wider study programme. It is an ideal qualification for learners intending to progress directly to employment in sport and activity leadership, or to an apprenticeship.
- PE Teaching
- Personal Trainer
- Sports Coaching
- Sports Umpiring
- Sport Psychologist
- Sports Analyst
- Sport Scientist
- Sports Journalist
- Working with a National Governing Body
- Leisure Site Manager
- Sports Leadership Coordinator
Subject Specific Entry Requirements
A combination of grades 2/3 in 5 or more subjects.
Where Can I Get More Information?
Contact Mrs R Davison, Head of Physical Education.