What Will I Study?
You will study a modern chemistry course, which comprehensively covers all major topics, with a relevance to everyday life, green issues and economic awareness.
You will study:
- Module 1: Development of practical skills
- Module 2: Foundations in chemistry
- Module 3: Periodic table and energy
- Module 4: Core organic chemistry
- Module 5: Physical chemistry and transition elements
- Module 6: Organic chemistry and analysis
How Will I Be Assessed?
Paper 1 assesses the content from modules 1, 2, 3 and 5.
Paper 2 assesses the content from modules 1, 2, 4 and 6; Paper 3 assesses the content from modules 1 to 6.
What Could I Do Next?
Many higher education courses, including medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, forensics, pharmacology, material science, chemical engineering, analytical chemistry, nanotechnology and teaching are possible routes following an Advanced Level in Chemistry.
Subject Specific Entry Requirements
GCSE grade 6-5 in Combined Science or GCSE grade 6 and grade 5 in Maths.
Where Can I Get More Information?
Contact Miss E Bird, Head of Science and Discovery Faculty or Mr G Al Sammari, Assistant Head of Science.