What Will I Study?
You will study a modern chemistry course, which comprehensively covers all major topics, with a relevance to everyday life, green issues and economic awareness.
You will study:
- Module 1: Development of practical skills
- Module 2: Foundations in chemistry
- Module 3: Periodic table and energy
- Module 4: Core organic chemistry
- Module 5: Physical chemistry and transition elements
- Module 6: Organic chemistry and analysis
How Will I Be Assessed?
- Paper 1 assesses the content from modules 1, 2, 3 and 5
- Paper 2 assesses the content from modules 1, 2, 4 and 6
- Paper 3 assesses the content from modules 1 to 6
What Could I Do Next?
Many higher education courses, including medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, forensics, pharmacology, material science, chemical engineering, analytical chemistry, nanotechnology and teaching are possible routes following an Advanced Level in Chemistry.
Subject Specific Entry Requirements
- 1 of either Biology, Chemistry or Physics: Combined Science Grade 6-5, Separate Science Grade 6,6,5, Maths Grade 5
- 2 of either Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths: Combined Science Grade 6-6, Separate Science Grade 6,6,6 Maths Grade 6
- 3 of either: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths: Grade 77 GCSE Combined Science 2 x 7s and 1 Grade 6 in, Separate Science, GCSE Maths 6
All students who do not study A Level Mathematics are required to study AS Level Mathematical Studies in Year 12.
Where Can I Get More Information?
For more information please contact:
- Head of Faculty: Miss E. Bird
- Chemistry Coordinator: Miss A. Mehmood