What Will I Study?
You will study a modern chemistry course, which comprehensively covers all major topics, with a relevance to everyday life, green issues and economic awareness.
You will study:
- Module 1: Development of practical skills
- Module 2: Foundations in chemistry
- Module 3: Periodic table and energy
- Module 4: Core organic chemistry
- Module 5: Physical chemistry and transition elements
- Module 6: Organic chemistry and analysis
How Will I Be Assessed?
Paper 1 assesses the content from modules 1, 2, 3 and 5.
Paper 2 assesses the content from modules 1, 2, 4 and 6; Paper 3 assesses the content from modules 1 to 6.
What Could I Do Next?
Many higher education courses, including medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, forensics, pharmacology, material science, chemical engineering, analytical chemistry, nanotechnology and teaching are possible routes following an A Level in Chemistry.
Subject Specific Entry Requirements
GCSE grade 6-5 in Combined Science or GCSE grade 6 and grade 5 in Maths.
Where Can I Get More Information?
Contact Miss S Galloway, Head of Science and Discovery Faculty.