What Will I Study?
A stimulating course which emphasises the way in which biologists work and their contributions to society.
You will study:
- Module 1: Development of practical skills
- Module 2: Foundations in biology
- Module 3: Exchange and transport
- Module 4: Biodiversity, evolution and disease
- Module 5: Communications, homeostasis and energy
- Module 6: Genetics, evolution and ecosystems
How Will I Be Assessed?
- Paper 1 assesses the content from modules 1, 2, 3 and 5
- Paper 2 assesses the content from modules 1, 2, 4 and 6
- Paper 3 assesses the content from modules 1 to 6
What Could I Do Next?
Many higher education courses are accessible with Advanced Level biology including medicine, dentistry, biomedical science, teaching, marine biology, microbiology, pharmacology, research science and zoology.
Subject Specific Entry Requirements
- 1 of either Biology, Chemistry or Physics: Combined Science Grade 6-5, Separate Science Grade 6,6,5, Maths Grade 5
- 2 of either Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths: Combined Science Grade 6-6, Separate Science Grade 6,6,6 Maths Grade 6
- 3 of either: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths: Grade 77 GCSE Combined Science 2 x 7s and 1 Grade 6 in, Separate Science, GCSE Maths 6
All students who do not study A Level Mathematics are required to study AS Level Mathematical Studies in Year 12.
Where Can I Get More Information?
For more information please contact:
- Head of Faculty: Miss E. Bird
- Biology Coordinator: Miss S. Clayton