What Will I Study?
A stimulating course which emphasises the way in which biologists work and their contributions to society.
You will study:
- Module 1: Development of practical skills
- Module 2: Foundations in biology
- Module 3: Exchange and transport
- Module 4: Biodiversity, evolution and disease
- Module 5: Communications, homeostasis and energy
- Module 6: Genetics, evolution and ecosystems
How Will I Be Assessed?
Paper 1 assesses the content from modules 1, 2, 3 and 5
Paper 2 assesses the content from modules 1, 2, 4 and 6; and Paper 3 assesses the content from modules 1 to 6.
What Could I Do Next?
Many higher education courses are accessible with A Level biology including medicine, dentistry, biomedical science, teaching, marine biology, microbiology, pharmacology, research science and zoology.
Subject Specific Entry Requirements
GCSE grade 6-5 in Combined Science or GCSE grade 6 and grade 5 in Maths.
Where Can I Get More Information?
Contact Miss S Galloway, Head of Science and Discovery Faculty.