We regularly update our Sixth Form prospectus to keep you as up to date as possible with the latest information. Our latest prospectus is available here on this page.
We are delighted you are considering applying to Whalley Range Sixth Form. In our prospectus we hope to give you a flavour of the student experience in post-sixteen education and the support we can offer you in preparing for life beyond Sixth Form.Mrs J Lomax (Head of Sixth Form)
Whalley Range Sixth Form endeavours to be a bridge between study and higher education, specialist training or employment. We offer a wide range of academic and vocational pathways which are focused on progression to the next level and supported by a personalised and unique learning experience for all of our students.
At Whalley Range Sixth Form we offer quality first teaching where lessons provide challenging and engaging learning experiences that help to grow and shape the young women studying with us.
Advanced Level Pathway
- Digital Technologies and Business Faculty: Business Studies
- English and Communications Faculty: English Language, English Literature
- Global Awareness Faculty: Geography, History, Religious Studies
- Mathematics and Financial Literacy Faculty: Mathematics, Statistics
- Science and Discovery Faculty: Biology, Chemistry, Physics
- Social Sciences and Community Learning Faculty: Psychology, Sociology, The Extended Project Qualification
- World Languages Faculty: Urdu, Arabic
Applied General Pathway
- Digital Technologies and Business Faculty: Business, IT
- Science and Discovery Faculty: Applied Science
- Social Sciences and Community Learning Faculty: Applied Criminology, Health and Social Care
You will study a combination of Advanced Level and Applied General Subjects. Please contact the Sixth Form team for further information.
Level 1/2 Vocational Pathway
- Digital Technologies and Business Faculty: Business
- Social Sciences and Community Learning Faculty: Health and Social Care
- GCSE English and / or Maths – All students have to study this if they have not previously secured a Grade 4 at GCSE