Post 18 Options
At Whalley Range Sixth Form we are keen to support students with all aspects of their educational journey and a big part of this is what to do ‘Post 18’. The time spent at Whalley Range Sixth Form will fly by very quickly and students are faced with making long term decisions that have an impact on their future. This site is designed to support students and their families through the decision-making processes, and it will complement the work done in college through the CEIAG provision that is on offer.
There are four main options available post 18 and this site will provide additional information on each:
- Degree Apprenticeship
- Gap Years
On this site you will be able to access student guides, parent guides, information videos and useful links to key websites to support with the next step in your journey.
Options and Personal Statements
- How to write a personal statement
- What makes your personal statement stand out?
- Apprenticeship CV guide
- How to write a cover letter
- How do I choose my career?
Employment, Apprenticeships & Gap Years
- Preparing for interviews
- Degree Apprenticeships
- Explore Apprenticeships from Home
- Championing Social Mobility Degree-level Apprenticeships Webinar 2020
- Parents guide to Degree Apprenticeships
- Parents guide to Apprenticeships
- Student Apprenticeship Guide 2020
- Should I go travelling?
- Student Loans Company
- Step by step student finance guide
- Become an apprentice
- How much does a gap year cost?
- Tracking UCAS applications and the next steps once you have applied to UCAS
- The Parents’ Guide to University 2019/20
- The Parents’ Guide to Uni Applications 2019/20
- UCAS – choose your future
- UCAS Hub
- What course is for me?
- The Student Room
- Complete University Guide
- Financial considerations and UCAS fees 2020/21
- UK Map of Universities