Intermediate Vocational. Equivalent to 3x GCSE’s.
What Will I Study?
- Human Lifespan Development
- Healthy Living
- Health and Social Care Values
- Effective communication in Health and Social Care
- Individual Rights
- Human Body Systems and Care of Disorders
- Social influences of Health and Wellbeing
- The Impact of Nutrition on Health and Wellbeing
- Equality and Diversity in Health and Social Care
- Services in Health and Social Care
- Introduction to Basic First Aid
How Will I Be Assessed?
Assessment is mainly through coursework. There are nine coursework units and two external exams.
Additional study: students will have the opportunity to study GCSE English and Maths depending on previous results.
What Could I Do Next?
Studying health and social care is ideal whether you are considering employment straight from advanced level study or wish to go on to university, where you could study nursing, podiatry, radiography, social work or childhood studies.
Where Can I Get More Information?
Contact Ms C Pym, Head of Social Science and Community Learning Faculty.