Equivalent to 2 Advanced Levels.
What Will I Study?
Over the two years you will study six mandatory units:
- Principles and Application of Science 1
- Science Investigation Skills
- Principles and Application of Science 2
- Practical Scientific Procedures and Techniques
- Laboratory Techniques and their Application
- Investigative Project
Students will also study a further two optional units.
How Will I Be Assessed?
Students are assessed using a combination of internal assessments, which are marked by teachers, and external assessments which are set and marked by Pearson:
- Mandatory units have a combination of internal and external assessments
- All optional units are internally assessed
What Could I Do Next?
You will study topics from across all three sciences and do both theory and practical sessions, which will develop both the knowledge and laboratory skills needed to succeed in the science workplace or Higher Education.
Examples of possible degree pathways include biomedical, pharmacy, nursing, criminology or pure science.
The requirements of this qualification will mean students will develop transferable and higher order skills which are valued by higher education providers and employers. Students will be able to progress onto science-related degrees or enter a science-related apprenticeship.
Subject Specific Entry Requirements
4-4 in Combined Science.
Where Can I Get More Information?
Contact Miss E Bird, Head of Science and Discovery Faculty or Mr G Al Sammari, Assistant Head of Science.