This Bursary Fund has two elements:
- Young People in Care, care leavers, young people in receipt of Income Support or disabled young people in receipt of Employment Support Allowance who are also in receipt of Disability Living Allowance will be eligible to receive an annual bursary of £1,200, subject to them maintaining excellent attendance, good behaviour and making good academic progress
- Young People who have ever been eligible for Free School Meals will be able to apply for a bursary which could be worth up to £20 per week, subject to them maintaining excellent attendance, good behaviour and making good academic progress. These students will still be entitled to receive Free School Meals whilst in the Sixth Form
Students must apply for these bursaries on the individual school application form (attached to this page) and the student is responsible for providing appropriate evidence, for example:
- A letter setting out the benefit to which the student is entitled
- Written confirmation of the student’s current or previous looked-after status from the relevant Local Authority
- Confirmation from the LA of entitlement to Free School Meals
- Written confirmation that the student satisfies the government’s residency criteria
It is expected that students will apply for these bursaries before 25th September 2020.
This year students can apply for Our Pass, which is a bus pass that offers free bus travel for 16-18 year olds across Greater Manchester. Please visit the website ourpass.co.uk to find out more details about how to apply for it. The school will reimburse students with £10 for the initial one-off payment for the card, once the Sixth Form Administrator has taken a copy of their Our Pass card.
Assessment and Payment of Bursaries
In most cases, the school is free to determine which young people should be eligible to receive a bursary, and how much they should receive.
Payment will be made by BACS and where possible on a monthly basis. All students must have their own bank account. Payments will not be made until proof of account is seen.
Please return your form to email@example.com